Monday, March 18, 2013

"Its My Birthday!" Haul & First Impressions!

In the past couple weeks, I've been on a hunt for some great products to treat myself with for my BIRTHDAY! Some things were re-purchases (Clump Crusher, Urban Decay Primer Potion - which will from now on be referred to as UDPP) and others were to take a step out of my comfort zone (false lashes, LIQUID liner - I've only ever used pencil or gel).

I'll start with lip products!

Revlon Lip Butters in Peach Parfait and Strawberry Shortcake

First Impressions: Really smooth, apply nicely. They don't stay on as long as I'd like - I find myself re-applying every hour or so. I'd rate them an 8.5/10. Great colour, not so great staying power.

Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in High Heels

First Impressions: Apply nicely. HOWEVER, it dried out my lips SUPER fast (like 20 minutes fast) and dried this god-awful, almost white colour. 100% would not buy again. I'd rate it a 2/10 explicitly for the colour. I want to love them so bad, but they're just awful for me.

CoverGirl Lipsticks in 395 Daring and 400 Temptress (not pictured)

First Impressions: Go on smoothly, staying power is decent. These lipsticks didn't dry out my lips at all, and went on velvety smooth. Daring is a muted pink/nude, close to MAC Creme Cup, but more brown. Temptress is a beautiful bright pink - perfect for spring! I'd rate these at a 9.5/10. Not cream-of-the-crop, but very nice.

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 215 Sweetheart Tulips

First Impressions: Go on very smoothly, intense colour. The colour is amazing, and paired with a Rimmel lip liner, stayed on for a FULL night of drinking. The duo had embarrassingly long staying power. All night, slept in (oops), and half of the next day. The only complaint I have is that the finish is a little frosty, and I like my lipsticks to be matte. 9/10 - good job Rimmel!

Rimmel EXAGGERATE Full Color Lip Liner in 005 Pure

First Impressions: Used as a base for my Rimmel lipstick mentioned above, amazing. Very pigmented, beautiful colour. I don't like to just line the outside of my lips because when the lipstick fades, youre left with this VERY noticeable line. Staying power is amazing, it kind of dried out my lips though, so I'm giving it a 9/10.

Maybelline ColorSensational lip liner in 05 Rose

First Impressions: goes on smooth, pigmented colour. I originally bought this to go under my Maybelline ColorSensational lipstick in Born With It, but it was NOT the colour I was looking for at all. I was hoping for a nude pink, but it was a very dusty rose colour - almost brown. SO that is getting returned for sure. Not because of the product itself, but because it's just not the colour I was hoping for. 7/10

Eyes!

Urban Decay Primer Potion (UDPP)

Not a first impression, because I've been using this stuff for over a year now. Its my holy grail (HG) eye primer. This stuff passes the "work all day, go out with same makeup, sleep in said makeup without smudging/creasing" test. Amazing, 10/10 product. I haven't tried UDPP in anything but original, so I can't vouch for those products.

Maybelline Master Precise eyeliner pen in Black

First Impressions: Very versatile! It's very easy to apply a thick or thin line and create a wing. It's my first liquid liner and I'm in love already. Stays all day, and doesn't run or smudge, AND it's pretty easy to take off with eye makeup remover. 10/10 would buy again.

Too Faced Boudoir Eyes Palette

First Impressions: LOVE. Soft greys, purples, pinks and nudes to create an amazing day or night look. Some shimmer shades, some matte shades. One of my favourite palettes for sure. Very pigmented, but there's a bit more fallout than I would like. All in all, 9/10.

CoverGirl Clump Crusher mascara in Black

Not a first impression, as I've been using this mascara for a few months now, but I love it. It's my new HG mascara. No clumps, and makes my lashes suuuuuuuper long. The only complaint I have is that it's not very volumizing, so when I need volume, I put it on top of my L'Oreal Voluminous mascara. 10/10 for length and clump-resistance, 9/10 overall.

QUO Natural False Lash Strips

I've used these lashes before, and they add the perfect amount of volume and length. Once you get the hang of it, false lashes aren't too hard to apply, but they definitely take getting used to. The first time I bought them, I bought the ones that came with the QUO lash glue, and I didn't like that glue at all. I definitely suggest using Duo lash glue instead. 10/10 would repurchase.

Benefit Real Birthday Turn-Ons! Birthday gift from Sephora

They're Real! Mascara: Comparable to CG Clump Crusher. The only complaint I have is that it's "Water-resistant", so it's really hard to take it off without taking a couple lashes with it. That said, I'm considering buying it for the summer because I'm confident that I can get sweaty without it getting all over my face. A solid 8.5/10.
Watts Up Highlighter: LOVE this product. It's the perfect colour, and blends out really nicely, leaving you with a very pretty, dewy look. 10/10 would buy the full size.


Also pictured are a few nail polishes that I fell in love with at the store. All beautiful fun colours for spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment